The Board of Directors regularly oversee and monitor the sustainability policy implemented by the Bank through the Bank’s Sustainability Committee headed by the General Manager (Chairman of the Sustainability Committee).
The management of the Bank’s sustainability activities is the responsibility of the Sustainability Committee. The following responsibilities are entrusted with the Sustainability Committee of BOC under the Chairmanship of the General Manager.
- Conduct committee meetings on regular schedule
- Review of initiatives already in place within the corporation
- Search for new initiatives and organisations or community leaders to develop relationships with
- Determine the Bank’s investment percentage on annual sustainability activities. This percentage may vary in relation to the profit before tax (PBT).
- Members of the Sustainability Committee monitor specific impact areas that have been assigned to them.