Forward Exchange Agreement
- Forward Exchange rate is an exchange rate negotiated today between the bank and a client upon entering into a forward contract agreeing to buy or sell some amount of foreign currency in the future.
- Can hedge Foreign Exchange risk by using Forward Exchange Agreements
- Exchange rates for Forward Contracts can be negotiated with corporate desk dealers
- Importer or Exporter should have underline contracts to a particular transaction and can be negotiated for a forward exchange rate.
- If the client agrees with the exchange rate, It is required to sign a forward exchange contract with a relevant branch and process the transaction
Treasury (Corporate Desk)
Bank of Ceylon,
No.01, Bank of Ceylon Mawatha,
Colombo - 01, Sri Lanka.
Tel : 011 2203650 / 011 2445785 / 011 2203651
Fax : 011 2445788