- Personal Foreign Currency Accounts (PFCA)
- Business Foreign Currency Accounts (BFCA)
- Inward Investment Accounts (IIA)
- Outward Investment Account (OIA)
- Capital Transactions Rupee Account (CTRA)
- Diplomatic Foreign Currency Account (DFA)
- Diplomatic Rupee Account (DRA)
- Senior Foreign Nationals’ Special Accounts - SFNFDA & SFNRA
- Resident Guest Scheme Accounts - RGFCA & RGRCA
Diplomatic Foreign Currency Account (DFA)
A foreign citizen who holds a diplomatic passport, diplomatic identity card issued by the relevant Ministry
A foreign citizen who holds a non-diplomatic passport
Foreign Diplomatic Missions
Family members of Diplomatic personnel, living in Sri Lanka, who hold diplomatic or non-diplomatic passports
DFA can be opened and maintained in the form of current, saving or term deposit accounts in following mentioned designated foreign currencies.
- A cheque book shall not be issued against DFA current accounts.
DFA may be held as sole or jointly with another eligible person.
The initial deposit and minimum balance requirements applicable for DFAs are appearing below.
Type of Account
Initial Deposit *
Minimum Deposit *
- * USD or equivalent in other currencies