BOC Ran Ulpatha
- BOC Ran Ulpotha is an investment savings account introduced by Bank of Ceylon to facilitate regular savings build ups with higher interest returns and insurance benefits.
- This is a concept similar to “Seettuwa” and is ideal for regular savers who seek a higher return with small regular savings. Any individual above 18 years of age can open a Ran Ulapatha regular savings account and only requires a monthly deposit to enjoy interest benefits.
- Ran Ulpatha Accounts will have a minimum maturity period of three years. Account holders can continue the account even after three years, but the benefits will be subject to an annual review.
BOC Ran Ulpatha offers
- Interest rate of 2% higher than the annual interest rate of Normal Savings accounts
- 10% bonus interest
- Free Life Insurance Cover up to Rs: 500,000/ - for Account holders within the ages of 18-60
Terms and Conditions
- Only 3 withdrawals are permitted during the 90-calendar-day period following the last withdrawal.
- If the number of withdrawals exceeds three, the account will be transferred to normal savings category and thereafter all benefits offered to BOC Ran Ulpatha account cease to exist.
- It is advisable to contact your nearest BOC branch or our Call Centre on 011 220 4444 for the latest information and prevailing terms and conditions
1. Higher rate of interest
- Offer 2 % higher interest rate than the normal savings account
- 10% bonus interest on the interest earned will be offered, if no withdrawals have been made and at least three deposits have been made each with a minimum amount of Rs.100/- during each quarter.
2. Life insurance cover for Account Holder
- 10 times of the balance upto a maximum of Rs. 500,000/- will be paid at the death(Natural/Accident) / Permanent Disability (due to accidents only) of the account holder
- Terms & conditions:
- Account holders within the ages of 18-60 will be eligible
- Minimum balance of Rs.10,000/- should be continuously maintained for a minimum period of 6 months before the death of account holder
- Claims to be submitted to the bank within 5 months of the incident
Following documents are required at the account opening
- National Identity Card
- Address proof (If not residing in the same place mentioned in NIC)